Our client is a global investment management firm that utilizes a diversified portfolio of systematic and quantitative strategies across financial markets that seeks to achieve high-quality, uncorrelated returns for our clients. They have deep expertise in trading, technology, and operations and attribute their success to rigorous scientific research. As a technology and data-driven firm, they design and build their own cutting-edge systems, from high-performance trading platforms to large-scale data analysis and compute farms. With offices around the globe, they emphasize true, global collaboration by aligning our investment, technology, and operations teams functionally around the world.
Our client is looking for an experienced Network Specialists with expertise in network technologies that support routing, switching, multicast, VoIP, video, WiFi, telemetry and
datacenter/office structured cabling & power. The Network Specialist will oversee, participate, and manage network solutions including the design, implementation, optimization, monitoring, support, and documentation. The team is expected to collaborate and work closely with stakeholders, software engineers, and other infrastructure teams to deliver an optimal trading and research platform.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
• Design and implement scalable, highly available and deterministic network solutions in a multi-vendor enterprise and co-location environment.
• Provide concise and professional documentation, including built as is, built as new.
• Project delivery/management collaborating with internal and external vendors.
• Implement and/or coordinate changes following approved change control policies. Travel might be required.
• Provide L2/L3 escalation support to remediate performance and availability issues.
• Identify areas of improvements adopting automation and innovative solutions.
Must Have Qualifications:
- Degree in Electrical or Computer engineering, Computer Science, or related Information Technology discipline
- CCIE Routing & Switching (Enterprise Infrastructure) certified or Master of Science in listed degrees.
- Minimum of 5 years of network engineering and project delivery experience in an enterprise or co-location environment.
- Extensive knowledge of routing and switching protocols:
o Unicast: OSPF, BGP, NAT, IPSEC and GRE, VRF’s
o Multicast: PIM, RP, MSDP, IGMP, SSM
o Switching: STP, PC/vPC/MLAG, CDP/LLDP, QoS, HSRP/VRRP, VLAN/VxLAN
o Monitoring: LANZ, Sflow, Kibana, Prometheus
o Security: AAA (Radius/TACACS), control planes, device hardening.
- Preferred enterprise or co-location focus or both.
- Enterprise focused qualifications
- Voice: SIP, SCCP, H.323
- Proficient with Cisco’s Unified Communication and Collaboration products and technologies including:
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager
- Cisco Unity Connection
- Cisco Expressway
- Cisco Jabber/Webex Teams
- Video endpoints experience a plus
- Experience with voice recording platform a plus
- In depth knowledge in cybersecurity solutions: Palo Alto, Fortinet, IDS, etc.
- Experience with cloud-based solutions: AWS, GCP, Azure
- Datacenter/office network infrastructure buildout experience
- Co-location focused qualifications:
- Experience with low latency hardware including Layer 1 devices and mux/agg/switchapp.
- Clock synchronization design and implementation experience: PTP & PPS, GPS antenna, grand master clocks, distribution devices, etc.
- Knowledge of optical TAPs - split ratios, bandwidth options.
- In depth knowledge of buffering and hardware architectures (TCAM, forwarding modes, software vs hardware states)
- Hands-on experience coordinating implementation and support with remote hands, exchanges, and brokers venues.
- Knowledge of sub-sea cable systems.
- Strong scripting and automation experience – Python and Ansible preferred.
- Experience with network diagnostic and performance tools - netcat, tcptrace, Wireshark, etc.
- Excellent communication skills.
- The candidate will be flexible and flourish in a fast-paced and challenging environment.
- The candidate should exhibit a flare and passion for technology overall