Are you an experienced Software Engineer with knowledge of Investment Management and Financial Services?
Have you gained this through the implementation of a leading wealth management or asset management vendor package with complex integration effort?
If so, we are recruiting an exciting new role within our clients Technology team!
Our client continues to mature our technology application architecture with a mix of vendor packages and custom-built applications. The incumbent will own the technical domain and will report to the Investment Technology Product Owner.
Our core investment platforms are Aladdin for our funds and derivatives book of business, and a new vendor platform for our wealth and institutional book of business. We currently have an internal data warehouse, low code workflow and dashboard platforms and sophisticated investment risk and macro research internal platforms. The work will be a combination of integration of vendor platforms and in-house development of key capabilities not provided by the vendors.
- Planning the work required and lead the development efforts across the tech team providing technical direction and expertise.
- Hands-on development, building of fit-for-purpose software & seamlessly integrating systems to support Ruffer investment requirements.
- Line-managing software engineers with a view to developing their skills and furthering their career.
- Engaging and collaborating with peers on departmental engineering objectives: development tools and standards, developers efficiency / experience, architecture/frameworks/ security, continuous improvement activities etc.
To be considered for this role you will need a minimum of 8 years experience across following technologies:
You will also need a demonstrable proven track record of:
- Exposure to business users: ability to influence and communicate effectively.
- Providing clear technological leadership.
- Planning technical work in the context of large projects.
- Driving team to deliver to expectations, with required support.
- Ability to raise issues and risks and mitigate pro-actively.
- Problem solving especially under pressure. Ability to challenge, ask questions and explore all options.
- Ability to influence and act as a role model for more junior resources.
Diversity and Inclusion
Our client strives for a diverse and inclusive workplace where their staff respect and understand individual differences. To create a truly inclusive culture, they aim to recruit, develop, and retain diverse talent and we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, sex, or sexual orientation.
Our client operates a 60:40 hybrid working policy, 60% of working time from the office and the option to work the remaining 40% from the office or at home.