Interest Rate Swaps Sales
My Client is looking for a Sales Manager to join the Derivatives Sales Team, based in London. The role encompasses a wide range of responsibilities, including managing the relationship with swaps traders and promoting the IRS platform to grow existing and future business.
This is a client facing role requiring a confident, outgoing individual.
- The right candidate should have a good knowledge of fixed-income markets, and more specifically European and global Interest Rate Swaps Markets
- Communicating with clients by phone / Bloomberg chats (encouraging users to log in /answering queries / resolving trading issues/searching for matching interests etc)
- On-boarding new clients/users on the platform
- Supporting/monitoring clients’ usage on the platform, offering real-time assistance
- Supporting to Derivatives Sales Associate in liaising with the technical support team regarding key operational issues/platform development suggestions
- Supporting to Derivatives Sales Associate in monitoring and ensuring the smooth operation of automated trade processes post execution
- The successful applicant should also be comfortable collaborating across desks, including Buy-side KAMs, Marketing, Product, Data, Monitoring and Client Services, as well as across the wider company group
- The IRS desk monitors market activity and is available to clients throughout the trading day, between 07:00 and 17:30, with early and late shifts shared across the desk. The role requires a minimum of three working days in the office with the option to work from home for the rest of the week
- The role will include some requirements to travel within Europe for client meetings and conferences.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required
- Good knowledge of fixed income and IRS markets and trading mechanics
- Strong interest in capital market products
- Ability to cope under pressure and to act on multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ideally, 5 years exposure to Sales/trading environments
- Good written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Excellent accuracy and attention to detail
- Excel and PowerPoint
- Confident and outgoing individual who is comfortable speaking to clients
- Second language (French/Italian/German) would be useful